If you are feeling misunderstood or disconnected from family, and family members are willing to participate in solving this problem, family therapy may be for you.
We work with families on safety and structure, communication styles, trauma, loss, divorce, blending families, coming out, impact of addiction on a family system, cultural gaps/misunderstandings, transracial adoption concerns, acceptance of one another, and the uniqueness you each bring to the family. We believe that all members of the family system play a part in creating and maintaining any conflict or problem. This also means that all family members can play an essential role in resolving the difficulties. Consequently, we prefer to work with children and adolescents within the context of their family. We work with anyone who identifies as a “family” regardless of sexual orientation, gender orientation, race, ethnicity, or religion. We would love to consult with you to determine if family counseling is a good next step for you and your family.
We help families:
- Learn to listen and better understand one another
• Reduce anger, frustration, and conflict
• Create and clarify “functional family rules”
• Help their kids/teens learn to use better judgment and make better choices
• Improve collaborative parenting
• Restore mutual respect
• Shift the ways family members relate to one another
• Develop practical and effective problem-solving strategies
• Enhance emotional connections
• Build better relationships
The full fee for family counseling is $75. We offer a sliding scale for $65 and $55.
If your family is interested in beginning counseling, please submit an STA 2016 Confidential Family Counseling Intake Form to email@example.com.